[Update] The recordings of the webinars are available in YouTube
In the frame of raising awareness about Cyber & Physical Security, ahedd’s partner NCSR Demokritos and more specifically its Institute of Informatics & Telecommunications (IIT), has planned various activities throughout March. Informing about the possibilities of cybersecurity will help wider audiences become informed and more familiar with this topic and also kick-start a conversation with the community.
- Cybersecurity & Cyberdefense: capability and resilience-building | Tuesday 23 March @ 11.00
Invited talks on the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) role, real-life cases, national cybersecurity strategy and future challenges by the Cyber Defense Directorate / National CSIRT experts.
11:00-11:10 Welcome & Introductions: Vangelis Karkaletsis, IIT Director, Dimitris Kyriazanos, ISL
11:10-11:40 Presentation Spyridon Papageorgiou, Captain (HN), Director of Cyber Defense Directorate, Hellenic National Defense General Staff
11:40-12:15 Discussion with the Director and members of the Cyber Defense Directorate as well as researchers from the Integrated Systems Laboratory of IIT, Q&A from the audience.
- H2020 European research projects on Cybersecurity – a showcase webinar | Monday 29 March @ 11.00
11:00-11:30 CYBER-TRUST project: an innovative cyber-threat intelligence gathering, detection, and mitigation platform and challenges towards securing the ecosystem of IoT devices, presentation and demo by Dimitris Kavallieros, Project Coordinator and Research Associate at Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) and Nikolas Kolokotronis, Technical Coordinator and Associate Professor at Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, University of Peloponnese.11:30-12:00 FORESIGHT project: focus on Cyber ranges and the new training era in cyber-security. Presentation and cyber range showcase video by Dimitris Kavallieros and Nikolas Kolokotronis, Technical Coordinator and Associate Professor at Department of Informatics and Telecommunications, University of Peloponnese.12:00-12:30 SAURON project and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code: protecting port facilities against combined cyber and physical threats, presentation by Ioannis Papagiannopoulos, Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO), Piraeus Port Authority12:30-12:50 SANCUS: An innovative software suite for evaluating the security of 5G systems, by Nikolaos Tsampieris, INFITHEON Technologies
- Workshop – European Security and Defence College (ESDC) and the Greek ecosystem of Cyber Security | Wednesday 31 March @ 12.00
Online presentation by Panagiotis Marzelas, Cybersecurity Training Manager at the European Security and Defence College about the collaboration of the College with the Greek ecosystem of Cyber Security.
Α round table discussion will follow between invited stakeholders of the Greek ecosystem of cybersecurity.Invited speakers
- Panagiotis Marzelas, Cybersecurity Training Manager at the European Security and Defence College
- Spyridon Papageorgiou, Captain (HN), Director of Cyber Defense Directorate, Hellenic National Defense General Staff
- Vasilios Papakostas, Director of Cyber Crime Prosecution Division, Hellenic Police
- Christoforos Panos, Expert Counselor on Cyber Security, D6 Directorate for Global Policies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Demosthenes Ikonomou, Head of Capacity Building Unit, ENISA
- Konstantinos Lizos, Cybersecurity lead expert, Directorate of Computerization, Communications and Informatics, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Info Bites: Mini Interviews about research on Cyber & Physical Security
Mini online interviews are available from two IIT Labs that provide insight on the topic.
Info Bites about Cybersecurity by the Media Networks Laboratory in the frame of EU H2020 PALANTIR project.
Info Bites about Cyber and Physical Security by the Integrated Systems Laboratory in the frame of EU H2020 TRESSPASS project.
The Cyber & Physical Security Month is organised by Dr Dimitris Kyriazanos, Associate Researcher of the Integrated Systems Laboratory of IIT, in collaboration with the IIT Communications team.