ahedd is actively participating in the Focus Group (FG) Artificial Intelligence (AI) and in the Working Group (WG) Digitalisation of the European DIGITAL SME Alliance, contributing to policy-shaping, discussions and networking activities, involving local SMEs.
The European DIGITAL SME Alliance is the largest network of ICT small and medium enterprises in Europe, representing more than 45,000 enterprises in total. The Alliance is the joint effort of 30 national and regional SME associations from EU member states and neighbouring countries to put digital SME at the centre of the EU agenda.
The European DIGITAL SME Alliance aims at:
- Promoting exchanges of experiences, know-how and best practices in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector among its members.
- Carrying out actions at the European level, dealing with topics of general interest to ICT small and medium enterprises in Europe; initiatives may, in particular, take the form of training programmes, organising conferences and seminars and carrying out research;
- Providing information to the members on Community policies;
- Representing the interests and stances of the Association’s members on specific problems vis-à-vis the institutions of the European Union;
- Representing the interests of SMEs in the standardisation process at raising their awareness for standardisation and involving them in the standardisation process;
- Carrying out actions in third countries, especially in matters relating to the support and training of local ICT small and medium enterprises.
FG ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE aims to understand the adoption and impact over time of AI and related technologies (robotics, automation, machine learning, etc.) and make sure that regulation has a positive effect on companies in the EU.
WG DIGITALISATION contributes to policy debates and European initiatives on Industry 4.0, Digital Innovation Hubs, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, building information modelling, cloud computing, blockchain and other technologies.
More information: https://www.digitalsme.eu/