Collaborative robots (cobots) can complement and support human effort in many tasks that cannot be automatized. Some of the benefits of Human-Robot Collaboration (HRC) can be the increase of the production rate and the alleviation of human physical and mental fatigue.
Currently, the testbed comprises a Universal Robots UR3 collaborative robot and an RGB-D camera that tracks the human collaborator’s movement; it supports the following services:
- Testing of teleoperation and common work-space scenarios
- Design of methods and data collection for the evaluation of collaborative tasks
- Integration of AI methods in the Robot Operating System
- Feasibility evaluation
Relevant sectors and applications include:
- Manufacturing, e.g. assembly, finishing, material handling;
- Inspection and Maintenance, e.g. remote inspection, handling of hazardous material;
- Neurorobotics, e.g. upper limb rehabilitation.
Are you considering AI collaborative solutions? Do you want to “test-before-invest”? Just talk to us!
Watch the demos about Human-Robot Collaboration at Roboskel, NCSR Demokritos!